Skip to main content

That Some Kind Of Love

         When it comes to love, you always have a choice. If you are not ready yet, do not push yourself too hard. Because even if it is worth a try, if it is not meant for you – it is not for you. I did not say you wait but get yourself ready first.

   We all go through love in different ways. Some find it hard to find the right person because of their high standard. But I am not one of them. I am more like the many people who admire someone handsome, kind, gentlemen - not the rich man with a mansion and businesses (but that could be a bonus). I was young then when I first fell in love. He made me realize tons of things about it. And wait for the right time.

   Every circumstance leaves a realization that will help you in the next steps of your journey. That is always what I have in mind. Love is never an exception. For the past years, I’ve learned a lot about love. I haven’t been in a relationship yet, but what I see is not from movies. It is reality and practicality. Love is not a race that when you have one, you’ll win already. Love is a responsibility, and it deals with a lot of commitments. There are costs to pay. There are losses you must expect. And if those aren’t one of your lists now, maybe you’re not ready for it. Perhaps you want to explore it. It’s not wrong to explore it. It is just that - are you prepared for the consequences?  

   If you have not fallen in love yet, you have not lived well. I mean not literally, but the excitement of having the inspiration to work and do all the things you love sometimes lies in who you admire. You wanted to do this and that because you want to have such an impression and make yourself even better. Love is not easy, but it’s fun and challenging. I had tears when I first fell in love in my junior years. He was the ideal man I never imagined I would see in my life. My friends were teasing me with him, and I, of course, the childish one, just going with the flow and got carried away. He was my inspiration, and I always do my best at everything. It took time to realize how much too much I can be when I fall for someone. How too much we can be when we fall in love. We do everything. We sacrifice. Every event he joined, I was there to see, and I made a lot of excuses for my mom. Sorry, mom. Those were the days – I was not stupid. It was love, and it wasn’t a lost battle. He was very kind to me. He thanked me for being brave enough to tell him how much I liked him. But the odds were not in my favour, and it took me two years to move on from him. He was my standard. One of my teachers even told me that it was not love. Because if you count those days you fell for someone, it’s not love. But for me, it was. After all, why would I sacrifice my time? I mean, you like them first before loving, right? It was the best experience. And that made me mature when it comes to love.

   It opened my eyes not to be so weighty because I was young. I am not saying that those older than me should hurry about it. No. It is about compatibility. You both have a choice. Love is not a thing you can play. It takes your future - opportunities, responsibility, and all. You will go down there.

   When I reached my senior year, this kind of thing was not part of my priorities. I had a few likes. But I have become more involved with my family and friends. And to myself. We should love ourselves first before loving someone else. This line is old but gold. I want to set priorities proper and straight. To focus on my future career and open myself to future opportunities. I have seen a post on Facebook stating why to study first when I can do both love and study. Not all people can do that. If you can, try. Remember, it is not just the word that counts. Love boils down again to responsibility. If you cannot take care of yourself first, how much more taking another responsibility?

   My senior year made me discern that I must learn more about myself. Which I must receive, and which I must not. What must I take care of and what not to. That I need be careful about love because I think now he might be the right one, but in the end, it might not work out. I do not think negatively. I am not afraid to love. But there are times that we overthink. If you are around teens, maybe you should re-think. You should consider situations. If you are around 21 to 30, I think it is a good time. Yet know your current situation. I am not saying you are not allowed to go out and date, but knowing your current status might be a matter. How ready are you? How stable are you? Assurance.

   Assurance is a big thing. If both parties think they are both capable of relying on each other. It would be best. Because how about your kids? How about your house? Your insurances? Everything. It is not materialistic or demanding. It is the truth. When you go further into your relationship, it is not just lovey-dovey. There are new tasks to follow. Rules to sink in. And a new mindset.

   I am no expert on this one. We all got perspectives when it comes to love. Many of you think I might be wrong. Some may realize we have the same point. Love does not know age. Nor maturity. It just comes – and gets you. It is not a sin to try nor a mistake to make yourself ready first. If it makes you happy - go. But actions always have consequences. You must set yourself ready. One day you might be cheerful, and one day you might not. But make the best out of it. Life does not always have a happy ending like what fantasies or love stories tell. You make your decisions. Perhaps we are not in the same view. You also got something in hand.

Comments

The Top Nonsense

Dalaguete Beach Park, 3 Should-Go Attractions Before Dalaguete: A Must Go Getaway

           As much as we want to go all the way to the best spots in the Visayas, Philippines, we can't just do that in one-trip or two. So let's discover first the best places in the Queen City of the South - Cebu City!             Cebu is a province in the Philippines that had been known for having tons of tourist attractions. Of course, not denying having historical places (such as the Heritage of Cebu Monument in Sikatuna St. ), man-made forest like in Campo-7 , and tons-and-tons of beaches is something Cebuano's can showcase and be proud of.          And amongst the best beaches to visit in Cebu, today, we'll be going South!         Welcome to Dalaguete Beach Park ! Big open space for any event accommodation. IG: supreme_gel Small and affordable cottages. Courtesy of  sugbo.ph Photo by: Edfer Villahermosa              I was with my family when I visited the beach and it was so nice since you can really see how crystal clear the water is. You could also see those sm